We believe passionately in the importance of Eolas Money making a contribution back into society. We achieve this through a number of initiatives including fundraising for our chosen charity partner, The Alzheimer’s Society of Ireland and Annual Personal Wellbeing Conferences and Webinars.
Fundraising for Our Community:
Since 2018, Eolas Money has nominated the Alzheimer’s Society of Ireland as our Charity of Choice. While there are hundreds of very worthy causes and charitable organisations we would love to support, we chose the Alzheimer’s Society of Ireland for 4 main reasons:
- The incredible work they do in the community and the enormous impact that work has,
- As Brendan’s father John was diagnosed some years ago with Alzheimer’s disease, his family have been lucky enough to avail of the services provided by the Alzheimer Society of Ireland in his area and we have seen first-hand the tremendous work they do.
- Jim’s late mother Bernadette was co-chair of the Board of Carebright and was directly involved in the delivery of Ireland’s first and only purpose-built residential dementia care centre in Bruff Co. Limerick, which opened in 2017 and which has had an incredible impact on the wellbeing of dementia sufferers in that area since then.
- One of the consequences of Alzheimer’s is that over time, it causes problems with memory, thinking and behaviour, so those diagnosed with the disease may require assistance in making decisions for themselves, including decisions relating to their care and their personal finances. Given our work as a Financial Wellbeing and Planning practice in helping clients to plan for their financial futures, the Alzheimer Society of Ireland is an obvious fit for our business and particularly worthy of our support.
So far, via a variety of different fundraising initiatives, we have raised almost €12k for the Tipperary Branch of the Alzheimer Society of Ireland, money which we are advised by Catherine Bartels, who runs the service in Co. Tipperary, will have an enormously positive impact on the wellbeing of her service users and their families and therefore on all of those in the community affected by this disease.
On behalf of everyone at the Alzheimer Society of Ireland, I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to you for organising the Awake for Alzheimer fundraising event. We were thrilled with the amount of €11,527 which you raised, this is of fantastic benefit to us and will help us greatly in providing services for people with DementiaCatherine Bartels, The Alzheimer Society of Ireland
Some of our Fundraising Events for the Alzheimer Society of Ireland:
- Awake Fore Alzheimers – 24 Hour Golf Fundraiser
On June 13th last Brendan teed off at West Waterford Golf Club at 6.30pm and played golf continuously for 24 hours with 10 different playing partners. Brendan was welcomed back to the 18th green by his family, friends and supporters at 6.30pm on Friday June 14th after this gruelling golf marathon. As a result of this fantastic event, Eolas Money donated €11,171 to the South Tipperary branch of the Alzheimer Society of Ireland on 4th July.
2. Ref Watch
As Jim is a rugby referee with the Munster Association of Referees, Eolas donated €5 for every kilometre ran by Jim during his rugby refereeing duties during the 2018/2019 rugby season. Eolas Money was delighted to present a fundraising cheque of €1,000 to the Alzheimer Society of Ireland at the South Tipperary Day Care Centre in Clonmel on 17th April last.
2019 County Tipperary Chamber Business Awards:
Eolas Money was delighted to be recognised at the County Tipperary Business Awards last night for our contribution to the community and our fundraising for the The Alzheimer Society of Ireland. Brendan & Jim were proud to donate almost €12,000 to our charity partner in 2019 and our efforts continue in 2020!
Improving Personal Wellbeing Conference
A big thank you to Dr. Niall Moyna, Carrie Budds and our own Jim Stapleton for their excellent presentations at our inaugural “Improving Personal Wellbeing Conference” on 16th January 2020 in the Clonmel Park Hotel. The conference covered Digital, Physical and Financial Wellbeing & to say the contributions were “thought provoking” would be an understatement! A great way to start 2020 and we look forward to more of the same in 2021 and beyond. A big thank you to everyone who came to our event.
A more personal touch
Of course we aren’t always as perfect as youtube and social media make us appear. Sometimes the most memorable parts of running our business are the parts you don’t see...
Eolas Money Management Ltd, T/A Eolas Money is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Registered in Ireland, registration number 478055. Directors: Brendan Reilly & Jim Stapleton Registered address: Ard Gaoithe Commercial Centre, Cashel Road, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary