2019 County Tipperary Chamber Business Awards:
Eolas Money was delighted to be recognised at the County Tipperary Business Awards last night for our contribution to the community and our fundraising for the The Alzheimer Society of Ireland. Brendan & Jim were proud to donate approx €13,000 to our charity partner in 2019 and our efforts continue in 2020!
Fundraising for Our Community:
In late 2018, Eolas Money nominated the Alzheimer’s Society of Ireland as our Charity of Choice and we set out to raise at least €10,000 for this amazing charity during this our 10th birthday year. While there are hundreds of very worthy causes and charitable organisations we would love to support, we chose the Alzheimer’s Society of Ireland for 4 main reasons:
- The incredible work they do in the community and the enormous impact that work has,
- As Brendan’s father John was diagnosed some years ago with Alzheimer’s disease, his family have been lucky enough to avail of the services provided by the Alzheimer Society of Ireland in his area and we have seen first-hand the tremendous work they do.
- Jim’s late mother Bernadette was co-chair of the Board of Carebright and was directly involved in the delivery of Ireland’s first and only purpose-built residential dementia care centre in Bruff Co. Limerick, which opened in 2017 and which has had an incredible impact on the wellbeing of dementia sufferers in that area since then.
- One of the consequences of Alzheimer’s is that over time, it causes problems with memory, thinking and behaviour, so those diagnosed with the disease may require assistance in making decisions for themselves, including decisions relating to their care and their personal finances. Given our work as a Financial Wellbeing and Planning practice in helping clients to plan for their financial futures, the Alzheimer Society of Ireland is an obvious fit for our business and particularly worthy of our support.
So far in 2019, via 2 different fundraising initiatives, we have already raised €12,171 for the Tipperary Branch of the Alzheimer Society of Ireland, money which we are advised by Catherine Bartels, who runs the service in Co. Tipperary, will have an enormously positive impact on the wellbeing of her service users and their families and therefore on all of those in the community affected by this disease. Our 2 events so far have been:
Our 2019 Fundraising Events for the Alzheimer Society of Ireland:
- Awake Fore Alzheimers – 24 Hour Golf Fundraiser
On June 13th last Brendan teed off at West Waterford Golf Club at 6.30pm and played golf continuously for 24 hours with 10 different playing partners. Brendan was welcomed back to the 18th green by his family, friends and supporters at 6.30pm on Friday June 14th after this gruelling golf marathon. As a result of this fantastic event, Eolas Money donated €11,171 to the South Tipperary branch of the Alzheimer Society of Ireland on 4th July.
2. Ref Watch
As Jim is a rugby referee with the Munster Association of Referees, Eolas donated €5 for every kilometre ran by Jim during his rugby refereeing duties during the 2018/2019 rugby season. Eolas Money was delighted to present a fundraising cheque of €1,000 to the Alzheimer Society of Ireland at the South Tipperary Day Care Centre in Clonmel on 17th April last.